Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service
The College participates in the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS) for the receipt and processing of all applications. AACOMAS takes no part in the selection of students.
To start the application process, please visit the AACOMAS web site.
AACOMAS application for NSU-COM closes January 15th.
Listed below are the necessary steps to complete the application process.
- The applicant should submit the following materials to AACOMAS:
- completed AACOMAS application
- an official transcript from the registrars of all colleges and universities attended (this must be mailed directly to AACOMAS by the college or university)
- MCAT scores (must be no more than three years old prior to the application cycle)
- Upon receipt of the AACOMAS application, NSU-COM will forward an online secondary application to the applicant. The applicant should submit the following materials to Nova Southeastern University:
- a completed secondary application
- a nonrefundable application fee of $50.00
- a letter of recommendation from the preprofessional committee, or if such a committee does not exist, three letters of evaluation are necessary (two from science professors and one from a non-science professor)
- a letter of recommendation from a physician
NSU-COM participates in the Virtual Evaluations and Interfolio systems of obtaining letters recommendation or letters may be mailed to:
Enrollment Processing Services
Nova Southeastern University
3301 College Avenue-P.O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33314-9905
Application Cycle Dates
The college receives more than 3,800 NSU applications per year, it is in the best interest of the applicant to apply early.
|Entering Year||NSU Application Available||Deadline|
|Fall 2013||June 1, 2012||Mar. 1, 2013|
|Fall 2014||June 1, 2013||Mar. 1, 2014|
A personal interview is a part of the admission process; however, being interviewed is not a guarantee of admission. Not all applicants will be granted an interview. Those selected for an interview will be notified of the date and time of such interview by the Office of Admissions.
Notice of Acceptance
Notice of acceptance or action by the Committee on Admissions will be on a "rolling" or periodic schedule; therefore, early completion of the application is in the best interest of the student. Students may check on the status of their application online through the NSU WebSTAR online application system.
After acceptance, final official transcripts, covering all of the applicant's course work with degrees, must be forwarded to the Office of Admissions prior to matriculation. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that arrangements are made for these transcripts to be sent.
Please send all documents to:
Enrollment Processing Services
College of Osteopathic Medicine
Office of Admissions
3301 College Avenue
PO Box 299000
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33329-9905
Electronic transcripts may be submitted to: email@example.com
NSU-COM participates in the Virtual Evaluations and Interfolio systems.