To improve the health of the population through education, research, and service, with emphasis on multicultural and underserved populations.
Vision and Values
The Master of Public Health Program of the College of Osteopathic Medicine fully embraces the Vision and Core Values of Nova Southeastern University.
To provide quality education in public health.
- Maintain a progressive and innovative Master of Public Health, curriculum that addresses the essential knowledge and skills for a qualified public health workforce.
- Contribute to the education of public health professionals, health care providers, and alumni.
- Provide prevention-based educational initiatives to address community-determined public health needs
To contribute to the discovery and application of knowledge in public health
- Conduct research activity as primary investigator or collaborator
- Participate in collaborative research initiatives with other disciplines.
- Engage in scholarly activities such as research publications and presentations.
To provide public health leadership and service in the community
- Provide leadership in service initiatives, which promote community health.
- Contribute to the improvement of health through community service, with attention to the underserved and culturally diverse population
- Provide consultations and technical assistance to the community on matters of public health interest