Master of Public Health
The M.P.H. Program evaluates the overall quality of its applicants, including academic achievement, personal motivation, knowledge about the public health profession, health care and life experience, and recommendations. Criteria for admission are as follows:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s, master’s, or a doctoral degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above, on a 4.0 scale, is preferred.
- Public health or health care related experience is desirable, but not required.
- Applicants enrolled in another area of study within Nova Southeastern University must be in good academic standing, must provide a letter of recommendation from the dean or program director of the other college or program, and must meet the M.P.H. admission requirements.
- All application materials must be received in a timely manner to enable the Office of Admissions and the admissions committee to process the application promptly.
- If applicant does not hold a health-related graduate or professional degree, he or she must supply evidence of having taken the GRE, PCAT, OAT, AHPAT, MCAT, DAT, GMAT, or LSAT. Applicants’ scores from these standardized test must be no more than five years old.
To be eligible for the M.P.H. degree, the student must
- satisfactorily complete, with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher and within five years of matriculation, the course of study required for the M.P.H. degree—a minimum of 42 semester hours of courses (27 hours of required core courses, including the Public Health Field Experience, and 15 hours of electives)
- successfully pass the comprehensive examination
- complete an exit interview
- satisfactorily meet all financial and library obligations
Upon satisfactory completion of degree requirements, the student is expected to attend the rehearsal and commencement program, at which time the degree is conferred. Students who do not plan to attend the commencement ceremonies must notify the program office before the established deadline for the commencement application.