Master of Public Health
The M.P.H. Program evaluates the overall quality of its applicants, including academic achievement, personal motivation, knowledge about the public health profession, health care and life experience, and recommendations. Criteria for admission are as follows:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above, on a 4.0 scale, is preferred.
- Public health or health-care related experience is desirable, but not required.
- Evidence of having taken one of the following standardized tests: GRE, PCAT, OAT, AHPAT, MCAT, DAT, GMAT, or LSAT, if the applicant does not hold a health-related graduate or professional degree. The scores must be no more than five years old. Applicants with a health-related graduate or professional degree may be required to submit official test scores upon evaluation of their application.
- Applicants enrolled in another area of study within Nova Southeastern University must provide a letter of recommendation from the dean or program director of the other college or program, and must meet the M.P.H. admission requirements.
- All application materials must be received in a timely manner to enable the Office of Admissions and the admissions committee to process the application promptly.