Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Volunteer Clinical Faculty
Clinical faculty members are a vital part of NSU-COM education team. NSU-COM has over 900 clinical faculty members. The college currently offers several benefits and perks for clinical faculty.
- The NSU Health Professions Division Electronic Library Database, features some of the most advanced search engines such as Up to Date, MD-Consult and PubMed, as well as electronic resources such as Micromedex Point-of-Care Solution (a clinical decision tool), and Procedures Consult. Visit the Health Professions Division Library for an on-line tour of this impressive library. For additional information on how to gain free access to our electronic library, please contact the Office of the Dean at (954) 262-1400.
- Membership to Abenity. The Abenity Program is a discount network of hotels, restaurants, entertainment venues, and events. Abenity has partnerships with national retailers including Costco, Target.com, Brinks Home Security, Blockbuster, etc. Membership is free and gives NSU full and part time faculty discounts to over 130 national attractions and theme parks including Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Studios, Sea World, Six Flags, New York City performances, and much more. In order to register, the link to the site is https://nova.abenity.com/login.
- The Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale and NSU has formed a merger to present the finest in virtual arts programming. Clinical faculty are now extended the same free admission as full-time faculty, and a $20 discount on annual family memberships ($55 faculty price) which includes special invitations to museum openings and receptions, and discounts on lectures, concerts, classes, museum store, café and special exhibitions. Children 5 and under are free, and older children are free with a Broward County Library card.
- The RecPlex, located in the Don Taft University Center, is NSU’s new state-of-the-art fitness center. Clinical Faculty are offered a discounted membership of $30 per month for individual membership. There are over 200 pieces of cardiovascular and strengthening equipment, as well as swimming, rock-climbing and basketball, among other amenities. To tour the facility or for inquiries, the number is (954) 262-7301.
- Continuing education programs, faculty development programs, and both college and university-sponsored lectures and special educational and performing arts programs. There are numerous free or faculty-discounted NSU-COM sponsored continuing medical education programs that are available to you, and CME credits are granted for clinical teaching (up to 20 hours per year, or 60 hours in 3 years, of category 1B).
- Special events. Clinical Faculty can be included in email blasts regarding additional benefits that are offered, i.e. NSU events, sharing opportunities, and publications. To add your email address, please forward your email address to Carol Siu at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also add your email information directly by completing the Volunteer Clinical Faculty Data form. This email list is not used for solicitation and is controlled and monitored by our college.