Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
The D.O. Program Admissions Office will communicate via email with applicants upon receipt of ACOMAS Application requesting completion of the NSU Supplemental Application. In addition, applicants are invited to view their application status on NSU WebSTAR. An applicant will not be considered for an interview until all required documents are received, i.e. ACOMAS, NSU Application, MCAT scores and letters of evaluation.
Applicants chosen for interviews must be academically prepared and have demonstrated an interest in medicine through clinical, community service and/or research activities. Those selected for interviews are contacted by e-mail by the D.O. Program Admissions Office to schedule interview visits. A confirmation e-mail will provide an agenda. Local travel, overnight accommodations information, parking, and other details to enhance the applicant’s visit can be found on our website. Applicants may view their status at anytime on the NSU WebSTAR.
The actual interview day is about a six-hour visit and includes:
- Meeting the NSU-COM Counselor and or Administrator
- An overview of the curriculum, facilities, and student support
- An interview with a team of faculty (2 or 3 faculty members)
- A tour of the medical college facility by current students
- Experience NSU as a student (activities vary)
- Lunch with the Dean
- Campus bus tour (optional)
- Information regarding the admission committee decision process including making acceptance offers, alternates, rejection, and future communication from the counselor